The Humanitarian Design Internship is an educational study tour that provides students with professional work experience. Participants will undertake more than 80 hours of full-time design work experience over two weeks in India. Students will undertake a team design project in conjunction with Indian community partners.
Humanitarian Design Internship (ABPL30064)
The Humanitarian Design Internship is an educational study tour that provides students with professional work experience. Participants will undertake more than 80 hours of full-time design work experience over 12 days in India. Students will undertake a team design project in conjunction with Indian community partners.
Destination and travel dates
- Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh, in the south-east of India.
- Students organise and pay for their own flights and are welcome to travel before and or after the following timeframe:
- Arrive Vijayawada on 25 November in preparation to commence study 26 November - 8 December.
- Depart Vijayawada 9 December 2018.
The Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning secured New Colombo Plan (NCP) funding for this subject. Under NCP guidelines, $3000 will be available for up to 25 domestic students who are successful in their application to the Humanitarian Design Internship subject. Students will pay $2600 per head and this will cover:
- Tuition, trainers, facilitators and learning materials (excluding CSP subject contribution fee)
- All accommodation for the duration of the program from the night of 25th November to night of 8th December
- All meals for the duration of the program from the night of 25th November to morning of 9th December
- Travel insurance
- Unique access to project sites and community representatives
- Group activities
- All administration costs of the program
Applications for the December 2018 Humanitarian Design Internship are now open and will close on Monday 1 October.
Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Environments students are eligible to apply.
- Applications will be ranked according to academic merit and a short interview, with preference given to students in their final year of study in 2019.
- Please note that students must have at least one more semester of study to complete in 2019 (for graduation purposes).
- Only Australian citizens are eligible for the NCP Scholarship. The scholarship will be granted once your application been approved (you do NOT need to apply for the scholarship. More information about this will be sent to you after applications close.)
- International students may still apply for the subject, but please be note you are not eligible for the NCP Scholarship.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or to arrange a meeting for further discussion.