Pair up with ABP alumni to learn about their experiences, develop professional skills and better understand where you could take your career.
By being part of this program you will get the chance to ask questions and learn skills from an industry professional. If you have not worked before, you could use this opportunity to have professional interactions, learn about workplaces and start to understand the professional landscape ahead of you. If you have some work experience in a café, shop or business you could use this experience to broaden your knowledge about a career path or build on your professional skills.
This program will allow you to build:
- Communication, networking and professional skills
- Confidence in professional interactions
- Knowledge of your field of interest or degree studied by asking questions about your career direction and different opportunities available to you
- Professional networks through your mentor
Note: This mentorship is to facilitate a professional relationship and is not designed to find you direct employment.
- 4 March Email with link to application form sent out to ABP students
Applications are open until 5pm on March 25. For any questions, please contact Annie Howard.
- 26 March to 5 April Selection process
Selection process to match mentors and mentees takes place.
- 8 April Confirmation
You will receive an email confirmation regarding whether or not your application has been successfully matched with an ABP alumni mentor.
- 2 May Preparation Workshop and Welcome event
You will be invited to a mentoring workshop and an opening event where you get the chance to meet your mentor for the first time. The workshop is a mandatory part of the program.
- May Contact your mentor
Remember to email your mentor to make a time for your first official meeting, and if you haven't completed the 1st survey, you can do that here
- May to October Meetings
Stay in touch with your mentor and plan to have at least 3 meetings over the course of the program or more often if time permits.
- 10 June One month follow up email
Please complete the post-first meeting survey. It is important to have had your first meeting with your mentor by now.
- 23 September Final follow up email
This is the 3rd and final survey to evaluate the program and an invitation to register for the closing celebration event.
- 10 October Closing celebration
You will be invited to a closing celebration on campus with all mentors and mentees.