Information regarding studio options and balloting for students enrolled in Master of Architecture Design Thesis.
The Master of Architecture Design Thesis studio class allocation process is done via a ballot. If you are enrolled in ABPL90169 Design Thesis, please read the information below.
All students enrolled in Design Thesis should attend the Studio Presentation Day. Details for this day are below. All studio leaders will present their studio topics at this session. Please read the following important information about studio allocation for Design Thesis.
Students will be given a ballot paper form to complete after the Studio Presentation Day. A pdf version of this form will be available on the LMS as well, and via a link on this webpage.
This ballot form is to be returned to the Subject Coordinator by 9am on the Monday of Week 1 of Semester, either in person or via email. The Subject Coordinator will upload the studio allocations to LMS that afternoon.
2017 SM2 Ballot Form will be available from Friday 21 July.
Within the Master of Architecture, those students who wish to undertake individual supervision, i.e. an independent thesis, must meet the following requirements:
- minimum average design studio mark over the past 12 months at the MSD of 75% (H2A) – this is the minimum average required for entry into an M.Phil or PhD program at the University of Melbourne
- a portfolio of design work undertaken at the University of Melbourne
- a research proposal (minimum 300 words)
- proposed supervisor and written agreement from said supervisor that they are willing to supervise the candidate
- approval by a selection panel comprising the Subject Coordinator(s), M.Arch Coordinator, and the Professor of Architectural Design
Semester 2, 2017
- Presentation Day: Friday 21 July 2017, 3:15pm - 5:30pm, B117 Theatre, MSD Building
- Ballot opens: Friday 21 July, 3pm
- Ballot closes: Monday 24 July, 9am
Studio information will be made available approximately one week before the Presentation Day.
You can view studios for previous semesters in the Studio Archive.
Need enrolment assistance?
Stop 1 provides enrolment and other support to Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Environments and Melbourne School of Design students.