The Research Students Association (RSA) at the Melbourne School of Design (MSD) is an independently run student group representing the graduate research cohort of the Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning.
It is affiliated with the Graduate Students Association (GSA), and aims to foster a research culture within the student body and to offer peer support.
This year's proposed social events include:
- Picnic in the park: To start or to finish the sunny days;
- Drinks after Uni: Let’s pick a place, chat and have fun with our fellows;
- Movie nights: Theme based, indoor for winter, just some time to relax;
- Christmas celebration: In a park with a barbecue and some drinks at the end of a productive year.
Two main research activities are planned for this year:
- The Research Assembly: Research presentations from our faculty postgraduates, with invited critics who will be offering their insights to the participants and leading a wider discussion on topics related to our faculty work;
- OCULUS: Publication to showcase the work of the doctoral candidates and MPhil students, and published to coincide with the end of the year Research Assembly.
A message from the President
Our Research Student Association (RSA) at the Melbourne School of Design allows us to share our knowledge, think about our future careers, and have a great experience as PhD and MPhil students. This association has both social and research goals, helps in the creation of networks and helps supports postgraduates though their long research journeys.
I would like to encourage every research student to feel part of this association and to push the boundaries to get the best possible outcome. The 2016 committee represents the interests of all of us, but we need every member to become active and participate as much as they can. Please tell us what you'd like to see!
Enjoy your PhD and MPhil and hang around with your colleagues. Let’s become an association with not just a name, but with a real sense of community. Let’s try new ideas for our future and let’s make the University of Melbourne our home.
President: Jonathan Daly
Vice President: Nathan Pittman
Secretary and Treasurer: Alexei Trundle
Social Committee: Craig Burton, Eileen Sim, Sripallavi Nadimpalli
Seminars, Publications and Research Committee: Rebecca Clements, Tayyab Ahmad, Ishita Chatterjee, Jana Perkovic
Fire Wardens: Jimmy Liu and Jonathan Lovell
OHS&E: Claire Miller